Thursday, July 3, 2008

MA day 6: The Guacamole Report

Well in short. No group ride tonight at 6pm. Didn't realize we were going to be swamped by rain till 1pm. I rushed to get to the trail head but didn't saddle up till 3pm, then the rain rolled in about two hours faster than I had expected. Only ended up getting in 30-45min of saddle time around a park. Luckily I didn't venture over the ridge to the next mountain or I'd have been boned. I needed a rest day anyway...legs are crispy.

Trails around here have a lot more rocks, but they are all ride able. I can't really comment on the true conditions since I was in a well groomed park for the start of my ride. Horses and people co existed here so some trail was way too easy, other trails were poo covered and dimpled with horse tracks. I'm sure the locals have some killer routes around the mountains here. Just no time today to get lost with the rain. Bah.

No comments: