Friday, September 4, 2009

an introspective chat with a friend...




me: It would help if i wasnt in a mental funk for the last two weeks.
cyclistBud: heh, yea been there done that.
cyclistBud: figuring out how to dig yourself out of that mental hole is tricky.
cyclistBud: i think i hit that around may/june.
cyclistBud: all because of vagina.
me: yep...damn gash, always gets you.
me: 2008 year of over training, 2009 year of the gash.
cyclistBud: heh.
me: 2010? TBD.
cyclistBud: has it made your results good this year?
cyclistBud: i would almost have to say looking at results only it was a 'good' thing.
cyclistBud: from the mental stability point - eh... not so much.
me: not sure. I know its caused other riders in the peleton unnecessary pain.

2 comments:

joe1265 said...

WTF?

As an financial professional, business people (usually someone I call BOSS) always expect me to provide them with a yes/no answer by showing them trends in the numbers. If it was that easy, everyone would be a CEO.

I always warn, "don't succumb to paralysis by analysis".

Did you have fun this season? You seemed to be enjoying yourself, so I'd say SUCCESS!!!!

Adam said...

I modified the post and title to make it a little more obvious...this is a quoted chat w/ a friend.

Season was so so. I'll never be pleased with the level of success or gains I make...that's why I always show back up.