Sunday, September 6, 2009

who's showing up? oh fuck....

I've spent the last few days in the company of giants. Those cycling figures who used to loom large in the forefront of my imagination. The names that would be listed on the possible ride roster and you'd simply think "oh fuck".

For the first time I got to pick their brains and get the true depth of their character. It has me thinking again...not about cycling but about life. Cycling is a great sport but to be a full person you have to give depth to your life outside of it. Unannounced to me they have been masters at both for years, long before I rode a bike for sport. The best part is they are not without flaws, they are human...

...Thanks for the inspiration. Maybe I'll stick with this shit for another year...maybe.

2 comments:

Derek said...

Saturday left me questioning my motivation. It was the first time I ever thought of giving up. Some days are just hard. BTW, a lot of people think the same thing when you show up.

Adam said...

ya i know they think that...makes me laugh...i'm still fat and slow in my mind. always will be.

btw - you never shake the feeling of giving up...even now i feel it...but that's why i show back up. fat slow adam needs to be put in his place.